Can anyone be hypnotized?
Generally speaking, yes. But not:
- If the person doesn’t want to be
- If the person has a below average (70) IQ
- If the person is drunk or stoned
The lightest state of hypnosis (Alpha) is achieved easily. We all enter a hypnotic state several times per day. It’s that state you are in when you are watching TV, reading a good book, or playing video games. It’s the state you are in when you are just waking up or just going to bed. You are not fully conscious, but you are not fully unconscious either. In this state you’re up to 200 times more suggestible than when you are fully awake (Beta).
When some people talk about hypnosis they state “I can’t be hypnotized” and then they will list some reason or another they believe this statement to be true IE: I’m an intellectual, I have a strong will, or something of the like. The reality is that the two areas necessary for having a good hypnosis session are:
- Intelligence, you need at least an average IQ otherwise a person wouldn’t have the focus necessary to follow into hypnosis.
- Creativity is the other component. You need at least an average amount of creativity in order to see yourself making the changes your interested in.
The best part is that the more of either of these categories a person has, the better they’ll do in hypnosis!
With regards to having a strong will that’s great! That means that the changes you make will be even more unchangeable. But the very notion of being strong means you have the capacity to use it in a manner that is best for you. That means picking it up when it’s necessary, and putting it down when that’s more beneficial.
And PLEASE, if a hypnotist has told you that you’re ‘unhypnotizable’, call us and don’t give up. We never seem to run into that problem and if we did, we’ll refund you on the spot.